Monday, April 9, 2018

Sewing the Seeds of Love

Yes, I know it should be s-O-w-i-n-g the seeds of love. But I'm going to talk about sewing and garb and stuff.

Time is ticking down towards our Shire's rebirth event. And we still don't have a place to hold it, and I still haven't come up with a menu. And we still need to get our garb cut and sewed.

On Friday, we're heading up to Tel Aviv to get Zach and Nati their American passports renewed, and then we're going to take a little trip to the Nachalat Binyamin area of Tel Aviv where they have quite a few discount fabric shops. I'd like to get some new linen for garb.

We've also made a priority list, an order of what will get sewn and when. First, T-tunics for the boys. Then a fairly simple under- and over-gown for myself (which reminds me, I need to finalize my choice). Then Zach wants to make his garb... which won't be particularly simple since he's such a snob. And then, if there's still time, we'll make leggings of some kind for the boys.

So, what projects are you finally getting to?

1 comment:

  1. This post is included in the latest Shiloh Musings: Post- Passover Blog Round Up:

    I hope you enjoy reading it and the other posts.

    Please share and comment, thanks.

    ReplyDelete